Anhinga Press sponsors three ongoing series of books:
- The Robert Dana-Anhinga Prize for Poetry: Our signature series of volumes of fine poetry is still going strong after over 30 years. Each year we receive an average of 600 entries from around the world for this contest. From among all entries, a panel of Anhinga editors selects a half-dozen or more finalists; this batch of manuscripts is then turned over to a highly respected final judge for selection of the winner.
- The Van K. Brock Florida Poetry Series: We're proud of our association with the state of Florida. For this series, we occasionally solicit manuscripts from Florida poets on the verge of national or international recognition. More often, we hold open reading periods during which any Florida poets may submit manuscripts.
- The Levine Prize in Poetry: In this, our newest series, Anhinga Press publishes and distributes the annual winner of a contest initiated and administered by California State University, Fresno. The prize is named for Philip Levine, one of the best known and most highly-honored of all living American poets.
Titles in each of these series are listed below. Each series' titles are in descending chronological order (most recent first); if a year is missing, the corresponding title is no longer in print. For a complete list of our books, including those out of print, see the Books page.
- For more information on a particular series, including guidelines and so on, click on the series title.
- For more information about a poet or book, click on the corresponding link.